Customer: Metro Trains Melbourne
Place of execution:Melbourne (Australia)
Project duration : 2018– 2026
Team: 1 Project Manager and 12 assessors
- The Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project, a twin rail tunnel with five new underground stations, is one of the largest transport infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Victoria.
- The project will ease accessibility and intermodal connectivity in Melbourne by transforming Melbourne’s rail network into an international- style metro system with a new tunnel under the city.
- Melbourne Metro Tunnel Project is scheduled to be completed around 2026.
In the framework of this key project for Melbourne, CERTIFER works closely with METRO TRAINS MELBOURNE, from the design and construction stages to the commissioning/commercial service stage by ensuring that the safety goals of a system or sub-system are met taking into account several aspects and assessing their impact on the line.
As the Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) of the project, the scope of intervention of CERTIFER includes the assessment of the following subsystems:
- Power Supply
- Tunnels and Stations
- High Capacity Signalling (CBTC)
- Information and Communication Technology
- Network Control Centres
- And Track