Place of execution: France
Project duration : 2008-2012
Team: 1 Project Manager and 8 Assessors
The TGV 2N2, which operates at speed of up to 320km/h on the high-speed lines of the French, German, and
Spanish national networks, is a new generation of bi-level rolling stock.
Operated by SNCF, the French national railway company, the High-Speed Train TGV 2N2 has been manufactured by
The EURODUPLEX Rolling Stock includes two traction units and 8-car unit with two levels.
This TGV NG is composed of DUPLEX NG type trailers and POS type motor vehicles for a commissioning on the
German and French networks.
In the framework of this project, CERTIFER carried out the Notified Body and the Designated Body missions with the
assessment of ALSTOM’s high-speed train for SNCF.
Notified Body (NoBo) Mission
- The NoBo mission of CERTIFER consisted in assessing all characteristics of the Technical Specifications for Interoperability (TSI) as stipulated in the 96/48 directive on the interoperability of the trans-European high- speed rail system ; and detailed in the relevant TSIs: Rolling Stock (RST), Persons with Reduced Mobility (PRM), Noise, Control Command and Signalling (CCS) and Tunnels.
- The assessment corresponding to the role of Notified Body of the TGV DUPLEX NG sub-system was carried out according to the SH2 module, in compliance with the RST, PRM, Noise, CCS and Tunnels TSIs.
Designated Body (DeBo) Mission
- Assessment of the Preliminary Safety File and the Safety File according to the decree 2000-86 and to the order of application of January 08th 2002 (French DeBo).
- In-depth assessment of the rolling stock according to the French national rules.
- Thus, CERTIFER’s assessors have been involved from the definition of the project to its commissioning.
During the life-cycle of its assessment, CERTIFER performed design assessment/ verification, manufacturing audits and
also test witnesses until the delivery of the EC certificate of interoperability and the obtaining of the authorization to
place into service.