Customer: Venice SIimplon Orient Express LTD
Place of execution: France
Project duration : 2018
Team: 1 Project Manager and 5 Assessors
- Created in 1883 by La Compagnie Internationale des Wagons-Lits (CIWL), the Orient Express was a long distance passenger train service, from Paris to Istanbul. After ceasing its operation in 2009, Venice-Simplon Orient Express Ltd took over the operation of the line using original CIWL carriages from the 1920’s and 1930’s.
- The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train continues to run in Europe, including the original route from Paris to Istanbul and in main several European cities such as London, Venice, Berlin, Prague, Vienna and Budapest.
- The well-known Venice Simplon-Orient-Express uses original sleeping cars of the 1920’s and 30’s but in order to offer a high quality of services, the company has undergone subsequent changes
- In fact, the Orient Express offers an authentic customer experience with luxury trains and these upgrades has been made for a better customer experience.
In the framework of subsequent changes, the famous Venice-Simplon Orient Express Train running from London to Venice, had to be compliant with European rules and in this context, CERTIFER closely collaborated with Venice Simplon Orient Express Ltd and acts as the Assessment Body.
Assessment Body Mission (Common Safety Methods)
- This mission has been performed in order to assess the compliance of the subsequent changes with the Common Safety Methods for Risk Evaluation and Assessment according the European Commission regulation No 402/2013 of April, 30th 2013 and according the Regulation No 2015/1136/EU, implementing Regulation (EU) No 402/2013 on the Common Safety Method for risk evaluation and assessment.
- CERTIFER assessed the following subsequent changes on the Rolling Stock:
- The transformation of traditional cabins to luxury cabins
- The installation of Wi-Fi access
- The modification of brake system
- The adding of an air conditioner system