Belgorail is an inspection and certification body formed in June 2004 to cover the need for voluntary and regulatory certification in the rail sector. In July 2017, Belgorail joined the Certifer Group.
From its creation Belgorail has sought to meet the requirements imposed on rail system certification and inspection bodies at both national and international level. These requirements are those applicable to notified bodies, approved bodies operating in a national framework and product inspection and certification bodies.
Belgorail has ISO 17065 accreditation relating to requirements applicable to bodies offering product certification systems.
Belgorail’s accreditation has been granted by BELAC, an accreditation organisation operating under the responsibility of the Belgian State.
This accreditation, registered and described under reference 335-PROD, was accorded following several audits and in-depth analysis of the company’s modus operandi.
Belgorail is also accredited by BELAC in accordance with the standard ISO 17020 (as type A inspection body) under reference 335-INSP for independent safety assessment (ISA) and as assessment body with respect to a common safety method relative to assessment of the risks.
Belgorail is registered with ERA (BE/30/0110/0001) for ECM and Maintenance Workshops certification under European Regulation 445/2011/EU.
From its creation Belgorail has progressively extended its activities to become:
- un organisme notifié pour la directive européenne 2008/57/CE ;
- a Notified Body for European Directive 2008/57/EC
- an officially recognised body for verification of compliance with Notified National Technical Rules in Algeria, Belgium, France and Luxembourg (in European terminology a “Designated Body”)
- a body responsible for coordination and execution of Rolling Stock Testing
- an Inspection Body in the rail sector
- an Independent Safety Assessment body (ISA)
- a Risk Management Methods assessment body in the framework of Common Safety Methods regulations
- a Certification Body for Entities in Charge of Maintenance (ECM certification) and Maintenance Workshops
- a Voluntary Verification body for all cases where a rail sector company wishes to ascertain the quality of a product, items of equipment or a service and compliance with the relevant standards
Our company has also established various partnerships that have enabled it to broaden its battery of experts and extend the range of services offered.
Furthermore, Belgorail has representation in Spain since 2012. Belgorail is an entity recognized by the Spanish Ministry of Public Works and Transport as:
- Independent Safety Assessment Body (ISA)
- Certification body in the scope of the ETH.
- Designated Body (DeBo) to evaluate the compliance with the National Notified Technical Rules in the absence of Technical Specifications for Interoperability or derogations, and is thereby authorized to assess conformity of conventional railway subsystems and high speed subsystems in accordance with the applicable National Technical Rules.