CERTIFER have been selected by SNCF Réseau as the Designated Body, Assessment Body, and Notified Body for the project of modification of existing infrastructure in Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne in order to create the cross-border section of the new Lyons-Torino line.
This new railway project between Lyons and Torino is divided into 3 parts:
- A French section between the Lyons’ metropolitan area and Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne supervised by SNCF Réseau;
- A cross-border section between Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne and the lower Susa valley under the TELT - Tunnel Euralpin Lyon Turin;
- An Italian section between Torino and the lower Susa valley managed by RFI Rete Ferroviaria Italiana.
The Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne project aims at providing access to the base tunnel of the cross-border section to ensure that it is equipped without disrupting the circulations on the Culoz-Modane line during the execution of works.
The modifications that will be performed for this project are:
- Modification of the track plan for the Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne station
- Development of the Secondary Roads cluster of Saint Avre
- Developments on the Hermillon site.