Client : Caen la mer Urban Community
Location : Caen, France
Total project duration : 2014- 201
Description of the project
The project concerns :
- the transformation of line 1 and its extension (TVR) into an iron tramway
- the creation of a "Presqu'île" line as an iron tramway
Line 1, built in 2002, has very high ridership levels to date. It is saturated during peak hours and suffers from major irregularity and unreliability problems related to the rolling stock.
This situation has led to the replacement of the TVR by a more reliable rail-based system.
The basic route of line 1 will remain unchanged, i.e. a common trunk line that splits into two branches to the north and south.
The regulatory notices will specifically address the following safety elements:
- the Preliminary Safety File (DPS),
- the Test and Trial Authorization File (DAuTE),
- the Milestone Safety Files (DJS)
- the Safety File (SD)
The scope of these notices includes the entire Tramway System, i.e:
- rolling stock
- control and command and railway signalling,
- the infrastructure including the engineering structures
- traction energy,
- the Operating Safety Regulations,
- urban integration.
You could also be interested in the following products :