CERTIFER have been selected by LUXTRAM as the Competent Body and Assessment Body of Line 1 extension (B section) running from Gare Centrale to Place de l'Etoile in Luxembourg.
After the first stage of the project from Luxexpo to Rout-Bréck-Pafendall stations - commissioned on December 2017 - LUXTRAM renewed its trust in CERTIFER by awarding us the assessment of the second section contract. For this B section, CERTIFER acting as Competent Body and also as Assessment Body will perform the safety level assessment at each stage of the project from the design stage to the commissioning.
In this framework, CERTIFER will carry out the assessment of the global Tramway system and also the following subsystems:
- Global Transport System (interfaces between all subsystems including Rolling Stock)
- Control command signalling
- Infrastructure (including civil engineering structures)
- traction power
- Operation and Maintenance
- and also the Urban insertion, through our subsidiary CERTIFER TRAMES URBAINES.
The B section stretch is about 2 km long and will serve four stations from Gare Centrale to Place de l'Etoile.