Customer: Alstom Transport
Location: Sydney (Australia)
Duration of the project: 2015-2019
Staff: 1 Project Manager and 8 Assessors
- The Sydney light rail network (or Sydney Light Rail) is a light rail system serving the Australian city of Sydney, New South Wales. For this new 12km route will feature 19 stops in Sydney, New South Wales, running from Circular Quay at the northern end of the central business district to the south-eastern suburbs of Randwick and Kingsford.
- The CBD and South East Light Rail line will be part of Sydney's light rail network and is set to be finished in 2020. The line is expected to open in December 2019, except for the Kingsford branch, which is expected to be completed in March 2020.
- Major construction started in October 2015. The project is managed by the New South Wales Government's transport authority, NSW. Construction, operation and maintenance of the line is contracted to the ALTRAC Light Rail consortium includes TRANSDEV Sydney, ALSTOM Transport Australia, ACCIONA Infrastructure Australia and CAPELLA Capital.
- For this project, ALSTOM is responsible for the integrated light rail system which includes the design, delivery and commissioning of 30 coupled Citadis X05 trams, power supply equipment, including APS -ground power supply- over two kilometers, Signaling systems, the energy recovery system HESOP, depot equipment and maintenance.
In the framework of this leading project for the city of Sydney, CERTIFER works closely with ALSTOM Transport, from the detailed design stage to the Construction and Testing stages of the light rail Sydney Tram system
Independent Safety Assessment (ISA) Mission:
As the Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) of the project, the scope of intervention of CERTIFER includes the assessment of the design, safety and implementation for the following subsystems:
- Global system
- Structure (bridges, tunnels)
- Power Supply and OCS
- APS (Ground-level power supply system)
- Rolling Stock (only dynamic testing and Trial runs)
- Signaling (only Installation and commissioning)
- Urban insertion - Traffic Control Light Signals and the interfaces between these different systems in order to give an objective expert on the safe integration of the system in the public space.