INDEPENDENT SAFETY ASSESSOR (ISA)
Certifer is a third party assessment body, as such, we are able to offer you an Independent Safety Assessment missions.
To lead these services, we apply a quality management system complies with international standards ISO/CEI 17020 and ISO/CEI 17065. These accreditations guarantee our impartiality, confidentiality, technical competence and professionalism required for the performance of our service.
WHAT IS AN INDEPENDENT SAFETY ASSESSMENT ?
The ISA mission brings the expected confidence level to ensure the safety of a transportation system or one of its components. Such service is required from Railway National Safety Agencies (NSAs), or similar, for the system to be officially commissioned into a national network.
This assessment allows the different stakeholders of this project insuring that processes, methods and tools that are used (development of a new product, installation of a new system) are, among others, compliant with CENELEC standards.
EN 50126 :
Railway Applications - Specification and demonstration of Reliability, Availability of, the Maintainability and Safety (RAMS)
EN 50129 :
Railway Applications - Signaling system, telecommunications and processing - Safety related electronic systems for signaling - Safety related communication in transmission systems.
EN 50128 :
- Signaling systems, telecommunications and processing
- Software for control systems and train protection.
Such assessment can relate to a whole railway line (Subway lines, high-speed lines….), to a specific subsystem on a given line (Rolling Stock, Infrastructure, Energy, Control-Command& Signaling,), or on a simple product (Radio Block Center, Odometry, Set-point transmiters…), or a software (traction/braking software).
Such standards are issued from the IEC 61508, and are slowly becoming a worldwide reference for all guided transportation projects. They impact such projects depending on the Safety Integrity Levels (SIL) and have to be complied with for every phase of the assessed system, for this purpose, we wrote the RF 0015 which establishes the requirements and the procedure for the certification of the safety integrity level of products likely to be used in guided transport systems.
- Signaling products for Alstom, Ansaldo Hitachi, Siemens, Faiveley, Alta Rail Tech,…
- Metros: Grand Paris (France), Lyon (France), Santiago (Chili), Lima (Pérou), Riyad (Arabie Saoudite), Delhi (Inde), Hanoi (Viet Nam), Stockholm (Suède),...
- LRT: Paris (France), Grenoble (France), Le Mans (France), Dublin (Eire), Algiers (Algérie), Sydney (Australie), Doha (Qatar)...
- ERTMS on the high-speed lines: Bretagne Pays-de-Loire, Sud Europe Atlantique (France), Cambrian Lines (Pays de Galles), Corridor C (Belgique),...
- Conventional lines: Nîmes Montpellier, Bourg Bellegarde (France), Dammam Riyadh (Arabie Saoudite), ...
WHY CHOOSING US
- Specialists in Railway certification
A safety-based approach
More than 20 years of experience
A pool of qualified experts
More than 550 assessors from the all railway sectors
National and International recognitions: (17020 and 17065): France, Algeria, Belgium, Italy, Australia, Turkey, Spain, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Denmark, India, Saudi Arabia & UAE
Two Notified Bodies according to 2008/57/EC
Under #2593 for CERTIFER
Under #1615 for BELGORAIL
Our proven methodology and specific tools allowing easier project and information management with our client
A Group recognized for its competencies and values, based on impartiality, quality, independence and confidentiality
Notified Body (NoBo)
Designated Body (DeBo)
Assessment Body (AsBo)
Entity In Charge of Maintenanc (ECM)
On-Board ETCS laboratory and certification
Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
Independent Checking Engineer/ Independent Certifier (IC/ICE)